We want the Great Seed Festival to be as diverse and vibrant as the seed it is celebrating. To do that we need as many people as possible, from as many places as possible to get involved.
You can help us bring the festival to life for yourselves and your communities in many exciting ways:
Hold your own event
Seed matters to everyone, everywhere. So we’re asking anyone with the time and enthusiasm to hold their own events up and down the country.
Your ‘event’ could be big or small. It could take up a whole day or just a few minutes; it is all worthwhile. Here are a few ideas to get you thinking:
- Join Whole Food Action’s October campaign and spell out the words GMO OMG as creatively as you can. Find out more about the campaign on the Wholefood Action website.
- Organise a film screening, talk, or both, on seed and food. Some storytelling and discussion could be good too.
- Hold a seedy feast for your family and friends, your colleagues, your community or all of them!
- Bring people together for a local seed swap.
- Open your community garden and invite people to visit and see what you do.
Be as creative as you can. Any celebration of seed is a triumph.
If you would like to hold an event, please get in touch with Festival Coordinator, Helen Strong and provide the name, date, time and a brief description of your event. If you’re planning one on behalf of an organisation please also include a high-res copy of your logo.
When you’re event is organised and logged, we’ll add it to the official programme and help you promote it. We’d love to have as many of you involved as possible.
We are looking for volunteers to help with the logistics and delivery of the Great Seed Festival at the Garden Museum in London.
This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in issues around food and seed or looking for experience in events. As a volunteer you will play an active part in organising the celebrations and get a unique insight into the wider UK food movement.
Volunteers will need to be available to work on both the 11th and 12th of October. We are able to cover lunch and travel expenses within London itself.
If you are interested please get in touch as soon as possible as places are limited.
Spread the word
You can also help the Great Seed Festival by simply spreading the word about this unique celebration.
- Word of mouth– It goes without saying that we hope you’ll tell all of your friends and family to come along.
- The Internet – The Great Seed festival has Twitter (@greatseedfest) and instagram. Follow us, stay updated, share our news, and be part of the conversations in the run up to, and during the festival.
- The Written Word– Write an article or a blog about seed.
Today, seed is a hot topic of (geo) political, nutritional and scientific interest. It also holds an enduring poetic fascination for the human mind. As the foundation of all food systems, and the reason for much of the natural beauty we are surrounded by, we feel it should be celebrated more by great writing.
Whether you’re a journalist focusing on corporate power and the food system, or a budding poet, we’d be delighted if you’d like to write about the Great Seed Festival and the seed it is celebrating.
Please get in touch with your bright ideas and inspirations. With many of the UK’s leading experts on seed and food involved with the festival, if we can help, we will.